Jones' Take Over Japan

Monday, March 05, 2007

Goodbye Osaka, Hello Kyoto!

That's right ladies and gents, The Jones' have moved to Kyoto!
No more getting ready at 3, leaving the house at 4 and getting to work at 10 to 5. YES!

The front of our new place

We don't have our new address yet, but we'll post it here when we get it. It's quite the place. As Chris said to me, before we decided to move, "the place is very...bohemian." That it is. We live with, if I can count right, 4 other people, but there might be more...I have no idea. It's a VERY old place, and we live in a quiet neighbourhood. We can walk to work, which is about a 12min walk or so, or a 5 min walk to the nearest subway station...regardless, we are a hell of a lot closer to work than before. The place is pretty cozy. We have a common room that has a bunch of couches and an old style big screen TV. There's also a dining table and a computer down there as well. Overall, it seems to be pretty good, even if this is only the 2nd night of us being here.

Our TV

The reason for moving, you ask? Well, with our old place both Karleen and I were paying $530 a month...BOTH!!!! Plus $80 in utilities each, even if we didn't use that much!!! And it's a single apartment! One Bedroom, one TV room and a kitchen. I mean there's NO WAY I would pay $1060/month for that in Edmonton...HELLS NO. So, we're here and we're paying $500 a month (together), plus $20 for Internet, and utilities are extra, but they get split between everyone at the end of the month. This also means that we have actual Internet!!! I'm writing this post right now, not on the floor in the corner of the room, but in bed. I set up the WIFI station I bought way back when in Fukuyama. Fantastic!!

I just wanted to update everyone with our news, any news for that matter. Since we're here, and we are roommates with Chris and Josh now, and since we live around like a dozen other Nova people, I think we'll be doing more things...as soon as we get money, of course.

Until the next post, I'll leave you with a picture of me...because, sometimes, that's all you need.


I AM THE WIENER KING!!

3 Comments:

  • At 3/06/2007 10:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow! No more sitting on the floor for computer time? Life is spoiling you two... Hope the new place works out!

     
  • At 3/07/2007 9:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well Cam you hit the nailon the well.... head. Boy you guys move around more than I did. Hope you guy's are still having the time of your life!!!

    Ben

     
  • At 3/07/2007 12:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Looks like a great place. Kyoto is so beautiful. We are so proud of our little weiner king!
    Love
    Ma & Pa

     

Post a Comment

<< Home